Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Little Optimistic

I LOVE my new layout/background. Van Gogh is amazing. Thanks Lynn!!

On to an actual topic. I am usually really down when I write on here, because writing is very cathartic for me. However, today I am going to write about stuff that is a little happier.

I always feel like I have done a horrible job making friends here. I spend so much of my time alone (although a lot of the time i CHOOSE to be alone....i have turned into quite the loner) and that makes me feel like i have really failed in making a good group of friends. i am seeing how untrue that is right now. i may feel a little awkward at chapter, standing there with no one to talk to, and i know i feel that way a lot, but when i think about it, i have a pretty good group of friends here. i may not be very close to most of them, but i have at least two or three people that i feel like i can call if i need something or if i am bored/need a friend/etc. i guess somehow i expected here to be the same as home, where i have people i have known all my life and see every single day at school. but i am learning that it isn't always like that......and i have another year left here with these people! so, basically, i can be a real downer about my life sometimes, but tonight i am feeling pretty good.

if only i didn't have to go to school tomorrow.....

and i am VERY excited about semi-formals with caleb. i miss him!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

You're welcome :]

Girl, I love you more than you know. You have been my saving grace this year. I don't know what I would've done without you. Sisterhood retreat is going to be sooooo good for you, because you wouldn't believe how close everyone gets. It's a time to branch out from your usual group of friends and get to know others. I will be there for you the whole weekend, no fears, but we're gonna get you super comfortable with everyone.. especially some of my favorite older sisters, mmkay? Call me anytime.