Friday, March 16, 2012

30 Day Harry Potter Blog Challenge: Day 2

Day 2: Least Favorite Book


My least favorite book in the Harry Potter series is probably book 5, Order of the Phoenix. It is such a depressing book, and I really dislike reading it (at least compared to the four books before it). 


I think I dislike it because it is when the series turns dark. After Cedric dies at the end of Goblet of Fire, everything changes. Even though Harry seems to always be in danger, this is a different kind. Plus, this book is heart-wrenching because Sirius gets killed in the end. As you can see from my first post in this challenge, I love Harry's relationship with Sirius and his death is very disturbing. I hate how the guilt and burden of it is placed on Harry's shoulders, and how he and Lupin both have to witness his death after all they've been through over the years. I hate that Ron and Hermione keep everything from Harry until he shows up at Sirius's house. 


I do like the twins, as always, because they are hilarious. Their fireworks show and exit from school on their brooms is the best part of the book, hands down. The one redeeming quality of the book lies within their constant jokes and antics. 


So, basically, this is my least favorite book. I don't even like to watch the movie! 


Stay tuned for Day 3!

No comments: