Monday, April 23, 2012

Harry Potter 30 Day Blog Challenge Day 5

Day 5: Saddest Moment


No contest. No way that anything breaks my little heart like Fred's death in book 7. 


I was reading this book very very late at night in my bedroom. I was laying on my bed (probably upside down, I somehow always do that?) and obviously I was very into what was going on in the story. I had finished the 6th book a day or two prior to this, so I had already had my heart broken by Dumbledore's sacrificing death. 


Now, I didn't believe that the good guys would come out of this fight unscathed. Going into those final chapters, I knew I was going to lose some of the characters I had come to love. I was mentally prepared for this. 


I was NOT NOT NOT prepared in ANY way to have the twins separated. As I said on another day, the twins were some of my favorite characters. They made me laugh all the time, and were the perfect set and never even seemed like they wanted to be known as separate people. The were always a pair, always the set, and always in sync. The perfect mirror images of each other. And it completely breaks my heart that George has to live the rest of his fictional life without his best friend and other half. 


What makes it worse is the fact that James and Oliver Phelps are phenomenal. The way they play off each other through all the movies is just adorable, and the way that Oliver (as George) reacted to Fred's death as if it was James' death just makes me cry! 


Yes, I am fully aware that I get way too attached to fictional characters. No, I am not ashamed. 

No comments: