Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day 1

Day 1: Introduction, Recent Photo, and 15 Interesting Facts

Introduction
I've already done this a bit, but I will introduce it again! I have taken on this 30 day blog challenge for two reasons: a) I think it will be fun, and b) I need to get back into blogging, because I haven't updated this blog since February. I hope you enjoy it and learn a bit about me that you never knew!

Recent Photo
This picture is of me and my best friend, Sara. It is a pretty typical pose for us! This was taken at Herty Field after our SAO big/little ceremony. I am the one on the right, in case you don't know what I look like!

15 Interesting Facts

This is going to be difficult. I don't feel like I am the most interesting person, but hopefully I will dig up awesome things about myself.

1) This is my go-to fact: I was in a movie! I am in the movie Facing the Giants, which was made by my home church. It was filmed in my hometown, at my high school, and I am an extra in quite a few scenes. Yes, you can see my face occasionally, and my name is in the credits. My entire family is in it, too - my dad is the referee in the beginning, my mom is in a crowd scene, and my sister is in the revival scene. It is pretty neat!

2) I sing. I've come to the realization that not many people know it. I have sung since I was 5 years old and it is my passion. I love Broadway music, pop, some country, rock, oldies- pretty much everything other than rap. I sing constantly, so I'm not really sure how people don't know that I sing. However, I am going to change that. I have already started by creating a new blog based on my journey to get into the music profession.

3) I play poker. Awesomely. I decided to try it because I was writing a paper for a creative non-fiction class. The assignment was to try something that you've never done before and basically write about the process of learning it. I never thought it would become something I love, but I LOVE it. It is so much fun. I even watch it on tv and play online!

4) I remember everything. And by everything, I mean more than the average person. I have an exceptional memory- at least compared to the people I hang out with on a daily basis. It has come in very handy in high school and college. I can remember where my notes are on the page which helps me remember the answer. I also remember small details that normal people don't- like the outfit I was wearing when I had my first kiss, the first time Sara and I hung out, my friend-iversary with Sara C., what I wore 3 weeks ago last Tuesday, song lyrics, everything.

5) I have abnormally cold feet. They usually feel like ice, unless it is in the middle of the summer and it is 100 degrees outside. I found out recently that I actually might have some type of disease that is the cause of my cold feet and hands, but there isn't really anything to do about it other than put on socks. It usually isn't a big deal, but I don't really like it when people point out that my feet are purple because they are so cold.

6) This past summer I interned at Bella Bridesmaid in Atlanta. It is an awesome bridesmaid dress boutique that has super awesome dresses. I picked out all the dresses I want to wear in each of my friends' weddings.

7) I won an iPad. Enough said.

8) I wear a star of David necklace , but I am not Jewish! Almost every time I wear it, I get asked. I am not Jewish, I just support Israel and the necklace is from there. It is beautiful and I love it. It also makes me feel like Ziva.

9) I love to read. I have a bookshelf that has no more room on it, so some of my books have either been left at home or moved onto the bookshelf in our living room. And because Ansley showed me this super cool app, I have started putting them all in iBookshelf on my iPad.

10) I love Christmas music. Christmas is my favorite time of year- the presents, the music, the atmosphere, Jesus being born, food, family, etc. The music is the best thing in the world to me. However, I have a VERY strict rule that Christmas does not start until the day after Thanksgiving. Then it is ALL Christmas music all the time until New Year's Eve!

11) I cook! I love to bake and make food in general. Cupcakes and cookies are some of my favorite things to make- I especially like to experiment. Although that doesn't always work out well. I cook dinner frequently - my favorite thing to cook for the past couple of years is sesame beef stir-fry. And I make awesome from-scratch red velvet cupcakes.

12) This year I have not only carved my first pumpkin, but I also went trick-or-treating for the first time ever. It may have only been around pineview, but it was fun! Although there were a lot of people who disappointed me with their lack of candy.

13) I love headbands a LOT. I have a big basket of them and I just bought 3 more last weekend. They are my go-to accessory.

14) I LOVE LOVE LOVE Superman. I am my father's child in that respect. My favorite Superman movie is Superman II, when the evil Kryptonians get released from the crazy prison they are in and try to take over the world, but Clark had given up his powers in order to be with Lois. I am a nerd, I know. I just love it. And I will fight for Superman in the Superman vs. Batman debate.

15) I am always hungry. Especially really late at night! I eat a meal, and then I am hungry again just a couple hours later. So, almost every night, in between midnight and 2 AM, I get hungry and have to scavenge around our kitchen to find something yummy! Thankfully I have a fast metabolism, because I eat all the time and am still tiny.


OH MY GOODNESS. That is one of the most difficult things I have ever done! It was so hard to think of things that I believe would be interesting to another person. I guess when you are with yourself all the time, things don't seem special.

Tomorrow: day 2! It will be all about my blog.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Womp womp womp i won an ipad womp womp womp. Rub it in why don't ya. :P