Saturday, March 8, 2008

Daylight Savings?!

I have always hated it when the time changed. I never understood it when I was younger, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me still. Twice a year, when the time was changing, I'd ask my mom "So what time is it REALLY?"

I've just never really gotten the point of it. I usually like it in the fall, though. It's GREAT to have that extra hour of sleep. I get to stay out a little later, and I love getting extra time to dream.

This weekend, though, it is obviously the other way around. All day yesterday I was thinking, "It's really 9:00 instead of 8:00. I'm going to lose that hour while I'm sleeping!" I just couldn't shake it!

I discussed this with the people I work it on Friday. One of the men said that some states don't observe daylight savings and never change the time. THAT was exciting to me. I definitely agree with that- Georgia should take that route!

Because of my great dislike for the time change, I retaliate by NOT changing any of my clocks. I just leave them however they are set, making myself constantly remember that my clock is an hour fast or an hour behind (depending on when the clock was set in the first place!)

So anyways, the things I suppose that could be taken away from this blog are "time change: bad" and "more sleep:good!" At least now I'm passed the point where I lose the hour of sleep- from now on I'll get all my hours in.....until fall: then I'll get one more!

No comments: