Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Oh, To Be Creative!

I've been thinking about our next paper. I always begin writing them in my head before I put anything down on paper. This one is no different.

As you might already know from discussions in class, I am writing about learning how to play poker. The problem is my creativity!

I'm trying to do as much as I can to have information about poker-playing. I've been taught HOW to play. I've practiced playing online a lot, on yahoo.com. This week I am taking it up a notch- I am going to play a REAL poker game with people- in PERSON!

Oddly enough, my Sunday school teacher and her husband (also a Sunday school teacher) have a weekly poker night at their house. They both teach college students, so they have basically just opened up their house to their classes every Thursday night. I've never been, but I'm going this week!

My best friend, Sara, goes every week. She never plays poker......mainly because she doesn't know how. She and a few other girls watch the boys play while they talk and eat. This week will be different- I will be playing! It won't be just a 'guy game' this time. And maybe, just maybe, I'll win!

It's an addicting thing, this game of poker. I'm definitely trying to not get addicted to betting fake money on the internet. So, until our paper is due, I will be a poker machine. After that, I'm quitting cold turkey! Just keep me away from those slot machines......

3/18/08

No comments: