Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Break is Coming.....

My spring break is currently being planned- not only by me, but by my parents and sister. I am using that week of no classes to go college-hopping, as I call it. Because I have classes every day and can't miss a day, I have to go visit colleges during my only break off of school. And that is what I have planned my week around.

We (my parents and I) are leaving Sunday afternoon, after church and all of our Easter festivities (which are a complete other blog within themselves). We are driving up to Kennesaw that night and staying in a hotel, then getting up bright and early Monday morning. We have a meeting at 10 or so with the department people and then we'll take a tour of the campus and everything fun like that!

That afternoon we'll head to Athens, where my sister resides, to watch her news show live (as opposed to feed from the internet like we usually watch it). We'll spend the night with her and her roommate, Lindsey, in their apartment about 10 minutes away from the UGA campus. The next morning we'll go visit UGA, mostly to appease my sister because she wants me to follow her up there...although she'll be gone in the fall!

And that will be the end of my college road trip (my real-life one, not the new movie with Raven and Martin Lawrence). Two days out of my spring break going to college. Two more working. Two traveling back and forth from north Georgia to/from Sylvester. Yes, that leaves me one day of spring break- Friday. Believe me, I will be sleeping late and doing absolutely no schoolwork that day.

At least it isn't like last year....I spent THAT break writing a paper on genetically modified foods and how bad they are the humans. Yep, this one will be way better- even if I am spending two of the days college-hopping instead of sleeping late, staying up late, and going to the beach!

No comments: