Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I HATE Trains!

I was running a little late this morning. I have actually worked out a system of getting ready that allows me to sleep as late as possible and still be on time. Today, however, the plan didn't work for me.

I opened my house door about twenty minutes before I left to see what the temperature was. When I started to leave, it began pouring down rain, forcing me to switch purses to one that was NOT white.

I was driving to school, going along on my merry way, the same route I travel on every single day. This was when the plan went awry: there was a train in my path. Not just A train, but THE BIGGEST TRAIN EVER! I pulled up to the tracks at 9:12, approximately. It wasn't just starting, though. It looked like it had already been going for a while, and traffic was starting to back up around the corner. I continued to sit at the track until 9:24! Twelve minutes, sitting there because of a train. That's not all though. I happened to be in the turn lane, and we were NOT given a turn signal! This forced everyone in our lane to wait until the cycle of lights was to us again.

I walked into my accounting class ten minutes late. There are two doors, one right next to the row I sit on, and the other across the room. Not so luckily for me, the door close to my desk was locked, forcing me to walk in front of the entire class in order to sit down. My teacher stopped talking to the class and said "What color was the caboose?" I retorted, "It wasn't red!" The class began to laugh and my teacher seemed surprised that I was actually going along with him. "Were you really behind the train?" he asked. I proceed to tell him and the class this entire story, causing him to simply laugh some more. Apparently a few others had walked in late, claiming the train as their excuse. Luckily, he believed me because I "knew the caboose wasn't red!"

3/4/08

No comments: