Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm a Big Girl Now!

Have you ever had something happens that makes you feel childish or more adult? I had one of these moments on Wednesday.

I went shopping on Wednesday. I needed new jeans. Being short, it's hard to find jeans that are the right length- usually they are way too long and I have to do a great amount of cuff-making. I decided to try GAP first, and I found this great pair of jeans. I know GAP is pretty pricey (at least in my opinion) but these were desperately needed and I had just deposited my paycheck.

I got up to the register, prepared to hand over my debit card to the cashier. She asked me if I wanted to fill out the application for a GAP card. "I guess I can, but I always get denied," I responded. She coaxed me into trying by telling me I got 10% off my purchase just for filling out the application. That was all I needed to hear! Discounts are great!

I filled out the application while she was ringing me up and putting my information into the computer. She laughed and exclaimed, "You were accepted!" "What?! I've NEVER been accepted before!" I could not believe the luck. Not only did I get 15% off my purchase, but I now have a GAP card (that can also be used at Old Navy and Banana Republic) with a limit of $300 dollars.

I feel all grown up now. I am enjoying it....at least until the bill comes.

No comments: