Tuesday, February 12, 2008

To Sleep or Not to Sleep

I am exhausted. We've been back in school for a little over a month, and I am just ready to have a break again. I have way too much to do on very little sleep.

Mondays are like a slow torture. Getting up at 6:15 has never been a strong suit of mine, which probably explains why I am frequently two minutes late for class. I school until one, after which I have to rush through lunch to get to work by around two. This last until about 6:30, when I finally go home. I get home at 7, eat supper, and do homework until I finally can't keep my eyes open.

Tuesdays are less busy, but with more work, it seems. I have accounting at 9:30, a class that takes an enormous amount of brain power to sit through. Pilates is next, and it is a little relaxing, but not enough! I usually don't work on Tuesdays, so this is my day to go home and do homework. Usually I have accounting that takes about two hours to complete (sometimes more) and reading for my lit class. I watch some tv shows later, my way of relaxing.

Wednesday is a repeat of Monday, just without working. I have a free afternoon here too, which I try to take advantage of by taking a nice little nap. Naps are a college girl's best friend!

Thursday are like Tuesday, but WITH work. Again, I work until 6, and I am always tired when I come home.

With our Friday class being canceled, I enjoy the extra time I get to stay awake, but I am usually still doing homework. Friday is more or less the same, depending on whether I work or not. However, if I don't work on Friday, I have to work on Saturday. This means getting up early to be at work by nine. Living thirty minutes away from my job means getting up in time to leave by 8:15. I get off at five, which leaves me a few hours before I have to sleep to do something of my choosing.

Sundays are church days. We all get up early, and get home late. I try to sneak a nap in the afternoons, but I usually have too much homework or reading to do for the next day. I try to go to sleep early, and then it starts all over again.

I simply cannot find the time to get enough sleep to keep me going. I guess that is the plight of a college student: broke, tired, stretched thin. I'd say that it would get better after I graduate, but we all know that's not the case. Work will consume me just as much as college does. I guess it's time to face it: I will never again be a well-rested individual!

2/12/08

No comments: