Sunday, April 20, 2008

Paper Stresses

I have been stressing all day over this upcoming paper. It is so much easier, in my opinion, to have a topic given to me, rather than come up with one myself. So, after we were given the assignment, I began to obsess about a topic. I wanted to have to paper done by tonight so I could email it for comments. It hasn't worked well for me.

I have started exactly five different papers, all on different subjects. The first one was actually a really deep, very personal essay, mainly about decisions that have to made by myself and others. It also dealt with things about college that I consider myths, and my truths about them.

The next one was about my job. Basically, it is about how much I love it. I talk about how I got the job, why I took it, and how it has changed my life and my future.

The third one was about this horribly embarrassing moment I had a couple years ago, on a date with Caleb. Not the greatest topic, but I thought it might be funny. It wasn't to me at the time, of course, but now......no, it's still not funny to me. He, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious. I was mortified beyond belief. And I ruined a perfectly good shirt in the process.

The next one was about myself and my schoolwork. It centers around my accounting class, and how badly I want to have an 'A'. How much difficulty I am having accomplishing that (if anyone is awesome at accounting, let me know ASAP).

I finally settled on my fifth and final topic, which I won't reveal because we are probably going to have to read each other's later and I don't want to spoil it. I find it to be a very interesting story, and I hope other people think so. It covers a major span of the past two years, but I'm glad that the experience is finally over. AND I'm glad that I actually found something to write about.

I've been writing on this paper ALL day. Well, not all day. I didn't actually start on it until after five. I was having terrible writer's block. As of right now, a little before ten, I have almost 1500 words. Maybe a little too long, but it's almost done. I'm so close to the end, I can taste it! I probably won't finish it tonight, because I would like to sleep considering we have an 8AM class tomorrow, but at least I am very close. And that is a huge relief to me. Now I can relax a little bit, and it's a wonderful thing.

Now the only thing I have to stress about is my accounting class.

4/20/08

No comments: