Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sick as a Dog, But Not as Rested as One

I have been sick for four days. It all culminated yesterday morning when I woke up early for work. My throat HURT. Badly. I couldn't do anything about it though- I had to go to work. Obviously, working in a retail shop means that I have to talk to people. So, from nine to five, I was talking to customers and coworkers with my sore throat.

Unfortunately, last night was also the night my family went out to eat for my father's and uncle's birthdays. The entire two hours were spent with me agonizing over my throat and swollen nodes. We finally got done eating, but I couldn't go home yet. I had to take Caleb home first. He lives in Lee County, and I live in Worth County. His car is a little under the weather, so I had to go pick him up, then take him home after we finished eating.

I finally got home about 9:45 last night, happy to be able to crash on my couch. I went to sleep less than an hour later, realizing just a few minutes ago that I went to bed so early that I completely missed Saturday Night Live. I took some medicine, so I was completely out of it until about 11:30 this morning.

I absolutely hate being sick. I took a nap this afternoon- not a very restful one. Now I'm sitting here on my couch (watching Monk) and looking at my dog, who was sound asleep until a few seconds ago. He can fall asleep easily, and stay asleep a long time. I wish I could be like that! It must be nice to just be able to sleep all day. Even though I've been home all day, "resting," my sleeping has been nothing like that. I've had all of the things I need to do on my mind- make sure my paper is finished, do this blog, a writing assignment for my history class, read for British Lit....some of which I still haven't finished. But I think I'm done with all of it for now. I may have things to do, but, after all, I am still sick.

4/16/08

No comments: